Everyone wants to cut down their expenses; especially when it comes to one of the most expensive financial products that man has ever invented – automobile insurance. Car insurance premiums vary across states and are dependent upon certain factors. So is it really possible to keep the cost of your car insurance under 1000? It definitely is. Here are some ideas that you can try to reduce your risk level and consequently lower your premiums.
- Make sure you are getting the right cover and that you understand your risk level. The cost of your premiums will depend on both the level of coverage and how risky your provider thinks you are. For instance, if you are a female student driver, you are entitled to lower rates because of your gender and if you’ve managed to maintain good grades.
- Tweak and adjust your job description. No, you’re not going to lie about your occupation. You are just going to tweak your job title and description. The cost of your car insurance will depend on a lot of things such as your sex, age, where you live and what you do for a living.Why is your job important? Your job affects how you drive and even who take as passengers. For example, if you’re a journalist you probably won’t be able to get auto insurance under 1000 because you tend to be in a rush most of the time and if you’re not in a hurry, you more likely have high-profile passengers with you. You have to be careful not to lie when you tweak your job description. The last thing you want is to end up in a fraud list that all insurance providers share among them.
- Keep your car safe and secure. Install anti-lock brakes and make sure that your airbags are functional. Put up anti-theft alarms and immobilizers to reduce the likelihood that your car can be stolen. If you live in a city where car theft is prevalent, it’s natural for your premiums to be higher compared to other places. By installing different levels of security mechanisms on your car, you can still significantly reduce your risk. This step is particularly helpful if you’re still looking for cheap car insurance under 1000.
- Start using your garage. Where you park your car affects your risk level. Parking your car in a garage, in a driveway or in a secured parking lot should decrease your risk.
- Drive a simple car. Expensive cars are deemed “hot cars” in the insurance world. Fancy cars that cost a lot are usually targeted by car thieves; hence they’re high risk cars.
- Get PassPlus certification or any certificate for a driving course. Such courses should help maintain your insurance provider’s confidence in you as a driver. These courses are especially helpful for young student drivers who are still trying to build their reputation as drivers.
- Reduce your mileage. The less often you drive, the less likely you’ll get into a road accident.
- Add a second person to your coverage (only applicable to young drivers under 25). By adding another person to your coverage, particularly one that has lower risk, you can also inadvertently reduce your risk and maybe even help you keep the cost of your car insurance under 2000. Again this is only applicable if you’re an under-25 driver. If not, never ever include your name as the main driver on a younger driver’s insurance policy. This is called fronting and is a form of fraud. Doing so will get your insurance revoked and prevent you from getting coverage from other providers.
Website collected information from shanidar-hana