Cheap full coverage car insurance isn’t easy to come by. Rates can fluctuate for a variety of reasons: age, car accidents, traffic violations, speeding tickets, location, types of cars; the list goes on. While some of these are beyond your control, there are certain strategies that you can apply in order to get more affordable car insurance premiums. One of these strategies is to get as many discounts as you can without sacrificing the scope of your coverage.Let’s go over some of cheap car insurance full coverage discounts your provider could be offering. Are you entitled to any of them?
- Good driver – This is a discount for drivers who have clean and well-established driving records. If you’re history is a little too inadequate, consider taking a defensive driver training course or getting a PassPlus certificate.
- Good student – Study hard! Some insurance providers offer discount full coverage car insurance for student drivers who can manage to maintain a “B” average. This is usually available for students who are 25 years old and below.
- Multiple-vehicle – If you have more than one car in your family, consider huddling them up under the umbrella of one policy.
- Multiple-line – Insure your car under the same provider that gives your home, life, health or fire insurance and maybe you can save a few hundred greens each month.
- Anti-theft – Car alarms, immobilizers and other theft deterrent devices are worth the investment. By protecting your car, you can get your full coverage car insurance cheap.
- Advanced safety features – Add a few more layers of security to your car other than what’s standard. Side air bags, daytime running lights and anti-lock brakes are some features worth looking into.
- Low mileage – The less often you drive your vehicle, the lower your risks of getting into an accident. Consider cutting back on your mileage by carpooling, walking or commuting every now and then.
- Automatic payment – Many providers can offer discounts for premiums that are automatically paid through credit expense or electronic checks.
- Full payment – Paying your coverage in full as soon as it is awarded to you could save you hundreds of dollars. Not many car insurance providers offer this though.
- Occupational – Your job could get you a break. Or get your more expensive premiums. Some providers can offer as much as 5% to 15% discounts to engineers, doctors, firefighters and others.
- Single parent – Many providers consider single parents low risk drivers. Be careful about availing though, the coverage may not be as broad as you hope.
- Corporate affiliate – This applies only to affiliates or partners of providers.
- Loyalty – Sticking with the same insurance provider for years could get you discounts. Sometimes this may not be as cost-effective as you think; compare how you would fare well with the rates of other companies first. If your loyalty discount isn’t enough to get you a premium that’s cheaper than what others are offering, it may be time to let go.
Website collected information from shanidar-hana